About Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery Associates - Aurora
Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery Associates in Aurora provides expert cardiothoracic care to the Denver community. Our cardiac and thoracic surgeons perform many types of heart and lung surgeries as well as treatment of esophageal and chest wall conditions.
For more information on the services we offer, please call us at (303) 226-4650.
Heart, lung and vascular surgeons in Denver
Our board-certified physicians have extensive training and experience performing a wide range of complex surgeries with a focus on patient recovery and success. Cardiac surgeons focus on heart conditions, thoracic surgeons treat conditions of the lungs, esophagus and chest wall and vascular surgeons provide care for conditions affecting the veins and blood vessels.
We offer the following services to diagnose and treat cardiothoracic and vascular diseases:
Advanced non-invasive vascular imaging
Our surgeons use state-of-the-art, noninvasive vascular imaging to diagnose conditions and plan surgical procedures, including:
- Abdominal aortic artery scan
- Ankle-brachial index
- Carotid artery scan
- Computed tomography angiography (CTA)
- Magnetic resonance imaging/angiography (MRI/A)
- Vascular ultrasound
Heart and vascular surgery is a key piece of HealthONE Physicians' cardiology program as a way to treat cardiovascular diseases and conditions. Some procedures we perform include:
- Adult congenital heart surgery
- Aortic valve repair and replacement
- Atrial fibrillation convergent procedure
- Atrial fibrillation surgical cryomaze procedure
- Cardiac re-operations
- Complex aortic arch surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedures
- Transcatheter mitral valve repair
- Mitral valve repair
- Mitral valve replacement
- Multiple arterial grafting
- Off-pump coronary bypass surgery
- Thoracic aortic endograft (TEVAR)
- Thoracic aneurysm repair
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Tricuspid valve repair and replacement
- Valve sparing aortic root replacement
Our board-certified general thoracic surgeon has specialized training and experience in treating conditions of the lung and esophagus. Their uniquely concentrated focus on thoracic surgery sets them apart from other surgeons who might also perform the same procedures.
Thoracic conditions we treat
- Barrett's esophagus
- Chest wall tumors
- Diaphragm paralysis
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Hiatal hernia
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Lung nodules
- Mediastinal masses
- Pleural effusions
- Pleural diseases
- Rib lesions
Esophageal cancer diagnosis and treatment
We use imaging and endoscopic biopsies to diagnose esophageal cancer, which allow doctors to determine the extent to which the cancer may have spread. Most often stage Stage II and Stage III esophageal cancer is treated with chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery.
Lung cancer screening and treatment
We offer offers low-dose computed tomography (CT) scans to help detect early stage lung cancer in certain high-risk patients. Our surgeons and staff treat both non-small cell lung cancer and small cell lung cancer with surgery, chemotherapy and radiation.
We are located across the street from The Medical Center of Aurora on the east side of Potomac Street. Our address is:
1444 S. Potomac, Suite 200
Aurora, CO 80012
Phone: (303) 226-4650
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.