Primary care in Denver
Primary care physicians are the first line of defense for you and your family when you are sick or injured. The primary care doctors within HealthONE Physician Group's network of providers specialize in the acute care of minor injuries and illnesses and the management of ongoing conditions.
Difference between family medicine and internal medicine
Primary care providers manage your overall health needs. A good relationship with a primary care physician helps keep you healthier and lowers overall medical costs. A primary care provider can teach you ways to stay healthy, treat you when you are sick and help you get advanced care when you need it.
Different types of primary care providers offer varied services and areas of specialization. Your stage of life and medical needs help you determine which type is right for you.
Family medicine specialists
Family medicine providers treat a wide range of medical concerns for the whole family in a variety of areas, including obstetrics and gynecology and pediatrics.
Internal medicine providers
Internal medicine specialists, or internists, generally care for adults 18 years old and older, treating a broad scope of acute and chronic conditions.
Schedule an appointment with a family medicine provider or an internal medicine provider today.
How to choose a primary care provider
Choosing a primary care or internal medicine physician involves considering what is most comfortable for you and your family. Some of the questions to consider are:
- How easy is it to reach my doctor or other medical staff?
- Do the office hours work with my schedule?
- Is the office in a convenient location?
- Will the doctor refer me to specialists for more focused care?
- Can I pay my bill online?
- Can I schedule my visit online?
Importance of preventive medicine
Preventive medicine helps you maintain good health and is an important element of your primary healthcare. Having an annual physical exam can help diagnose and prevent health conditions from becoming more serious. Early detection of health conditions is critical to successful treatments.
Preventive treatment also involves emotional wellness. It is important to discuss any mental health concerns you may be experiencing such as depression or anxiety.
Acute and chronic health conditions we treat
We treat and help you manage a variety of health conditions, including:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic sinusitis
- Cold and flu
- Common heart conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Osteoarthritis and osteoporosis
- Otitis media (middle ear infection)
- Seasonal allergies
- Skin conditions
- Sleep disorders
- Thyroid disorders, including hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
Primary care services we offer
We combine our primary care resources with experienced and knowledgeable physicians who offer treatment according to your needs. Services we offer include:
- Abscess care
- Adolescent healthcare
- Basic wound care
- Blood pressure tests
- Blood thinner checks and therapy
- Cancer screenings
- Cholesterol tests and management
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Dermatology procedures
- Diagnostic blood testing (location specific)
- Geriatric (senior) care
- Infectious disease treatment
- Mental healthcare
- Men’s healthcare
- Minor surgical procedures (including mole removals, toenail removals and suture removals)
- Pediatric care
- Pregnancy care
- Preoperative exams
- Preventive medicine
- Rapid tests for the flu and other conditions
- Travel medicine
- Weight management
- Women's healthcare
Diagnostic and laboratory services
Diagnostic and laboratory services include a variety of non-invasive methods of looking inside the body to help determine the causes of an injury or an illness and to confirm a diagnosis. It is also used to see how well your body is responding to treatment for an illness or a fracture.
Many of our locations offer on-site diagnostic services, including:
- Blood tests
- Bone density screenings
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Spirometry (lung function testing)
- Treadmill stress tests
- Urine tests
Primary care locations
Retrieving location data...