Women's health services in Denver
Across the HealthONE Physician Group network, our providers understand that a woman's health differs from a man's in both clear and subtle ways. Our comprehensive women's health programs aim to prioritize your unique needs with a full scope of services including gynecology and obstetrics (OB/GYN), urogynecology, minimally invasive surgery and more. From adolescence through maturity, we focus on building relationships and providing care throughout a woman's lifetime.
You can visit one of our women's health specialists by scheduling an appointment.
Women's health services in Denver
Whether you're just starting puberty, getting ready to welcome your first (or fifth) child or experiencing pelvic pain, our women's specialists will listen to your concerns while accurately diagnosing and effectively treating your condition. Our goal is to be your partner in health, ensuring you feel empowered and educated about your medical care.
Our breast surgeons provide compassionate care while treating the full spectrum of breast diseases, from benign conditions like breast cysts to complex cases of breast cancer requiringing reconstructive procedures. Often, our skilled surgeons can perform breast reconstruction during the same procedure being done to remove a cancerous lump, negating the need for subsequent surgeries.
A focus on minimally invasive procedures, dedication to advanced technology and collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of specialists allows us to offer the most comprehensive breast care possible.
Gynecologists diagnose and treat conditions of the female reproductive system. We treat all patients with a holistic approach to gynecologic care that considers their emotional and physical well-being. We provide both routine treatments and advanced procedures for more complex gynecologic conditions. Some of our services include:
- Annual well-woman, pap smear, breast and pelvic exams
- Birth control counseling and management
- Endometrial ablation
- Genetic screenings to determine cancer risk
- Loop electrode excisional procedure (LEEP)
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery (MIGS)
- Routine immunizations, including the flu shot and HPV vaccination
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing
Our gynecologists have experience treating the full spectrum of gynecologic conditions, including:
- Cervical dysplasia
- Heavy, irregular or painful periods
- Menopause and postmenopause management
- Ovarian cysts
- Painful intercourse and sexual dysfunction
- Pelvic pain
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) management
- Recurrent or abnormal vaginal discharge
One of our providers' medical specialties includes treatment for women's cancers. Our board-certified physicians provide compassionate care and treatment for gynecologic cancers including vulvar, vaginal, cervical, ovarian, uterine, tubal and peritoneal cancer. We are committed to a high standard of care in complex gynecologic surgeries and use advanced technologies to treat female cancers.
Obstetric care encompasses all aspects of women's reproductive health before, during and after pregnancy, including contraceptives, prenatal care, labor and delivery, postpartum care and infertility. From recommendations on exercise while pregnant, advice on postpartum birth control options or fertility treatment options, our obstetricians are here to provide relationship-based care.
Some of our obstetric services include:
- 3D ultrasound
- Birth plan option exploration, including natural childbirth, cesarean delivery by choice and vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC)
- Family planning and preconception counseling
- Genetic screening
- Morning sickness
- Pregnancy education
- Prenatal (routine and high-risk pregnancy) and postpartum care
- Tubal occlusion or laparoscopic tubal ligation
Once it's time to meet your little one, our obstetricians are ready to provide complete labor and delivery services at our affiliated hospitals.
Certified nurse midwives (CNMs) are health professionals trained to offer care during pregnancy, labor, delivery and after childbirth. Our midwives also provide routine gynecologic services like pelvic exams and birth control advice.
Many women appreciate the gentle approach and overall philosophy of care that CNMs offer. They value informed choices around how and where a woman gives birth, as well as the type of prenatal care they receive. They typically strive to assist in unmedicated childbirth, also known as natural childbirth. However, they can also assist in hospital births and even cesarean sections. All of our CNMs are partnered with our highly qualified OB/GYNs in case you need a referral.
We aim to make the process of conceiving one that is filled with hopeful advice and understanding. If you suspect you are having an issue with fertility, our women's health specialists are ready to listen and create a fertility treatment plan that's unique to your needs. Our fertility counseling and treatments are available in our OB/GYN practices.
The field of urogynecologic medicine is an emerging discipline designed to help women get treatment for pelvic floor disorders. Conditions of the pelvic floor include:
- Bladder issues, including incontinence and infections
- Fecal or bowel issues, such as painful bowel movements
- Pelvic organ prolapse
Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
Surgery is stressful enough, so it is important that you have the least invasive options available. Our gynecologic surgeons have extensive training and experience in both minimally invasive gynecologic surgery (MIGS) and robotic surgery. Both types offer many benefits, including less pain, shorter hospital stays and less scarring. Some of the MIGS or robot-assisted procedures we offer include:
- Conization of the cervix
- Cystectomy (ovarian cyst removal)
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Dilation and curettage
- Endometrial ablation
- External cephalic versions
- Fractional CO2 laser treating vaginal atrophy/dryness
- Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
- Hysteroscopy (diagnostic procedure of the cervix and uterus)
- Myomectomy (fibroid surgery)
- Oophorectomy (removal of one or both ovaries)
- Removal of scar tissue from prior surgeries
- Sacrocolpopexy (for pelvic prolapse)
- Salpingo-oophorectomy (removal of tubes and ovaries)
- Tubal ligation (tube tying)
- Urinary incontinence surgery
Women's heart health
Heart health is an often overlooked area of women's health, but at HealthONE Physician Group, it's one of our top priorities. Heart disease — which includes coronary artery disease and heart attacks — is the number one cause of death in women, responsible for killing one in five women, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Our skilled cardiac care providers know the heart attack warning signs that are unique to women and can help provide preventive services to care for your heart health.
Symptoms of heart attack in women
Chest pain is the most common symptom of a heart attack for both men and women, but women are more likely to experience other symptoms as well. Symptoms a woman might experience during a cardiac event include:
- Arm pain (one or both)
- Back and stomach pain
- Chest pain or pressure (squeezing or fullness) in the middle of your chest that lasts longer than a few minutes or disappears and returns
- Dizziness or feeling lightheaded
- Jaw and/or neck pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- Sudden cold sweating
If you think you are having a heart attack, call 911 immediately.